Monday, April 6, 2009

The Raon Experience

It is non-sequitur that acquisition of profit is acquisition of capital and that profit as capital is solely for further exploitation of a working class (which in turn transforms the subject into bourgeois/ petty bourgeois). Because there exists a sector of 'working class capitalists' whose profits serve as their minimum wage. And this does not amount to much. And this does not amount to capital because it is not part of their objective, which is to simply find sustenance in order to exist for as long as there is minimal profit to abuse.

Sauntering along the majestic overpass of Quiapo, these things I have deduced while passing by proletarian capitalists (if the term suffices even paradoxically) who, sans rich, are simply filthy. Despite my notoriously virginal way of thinking, I still happen to find these street vendors rather filthy for their immoral display of supposedly censored products as if they were, alongside binoculars and children's toys and other commodities, are totally non-offensive. See what capitalism can do! If it weren't so necessary, I wouldn't even uphold Marxist ideologies, so as to say that I am quite content with my peaceful existence and I have petty ideologies of my own... which are guilty of being conservative.

But aside from the dildos greeting me left and right, I equally find, as I purchased a new instrument to preoccupy myself with, commerce in this side of the earth as disorienting. How, in the name of profit (or money simply put), can one easily persuade the seller to lower the price of his product without him effectively realizing that he is being dissuaded from acknowledging the true value of his work. Yes, degredation of price is degredation of worth(?) But the presence of price automatically makes a product worthless nonetheless. This has been to a point, my support for Marx's theory of alienation (which strongly accounts for my great aversion for art commodification). But some of these capitalists (only some, I pray, and their names shall not be mentioned) recognize these degredation, these alienation, and the purpose of their product being a product with nothing but monetary value; and to their advantage, create without the essence of quality for the benefit of the buyer, especially the buyers who are non-veteran in purchasing certain products that cater to certain interests. This is human sin in my opinion, as morality being subjective; still, this pragmatic way of businessing a non-pragmatic interest is insulting. Insulting in a sense that art can never be an insensitive business as art is overtly truthfull-- truthfullness being an antithetic, and also destructive, force to business.

Still it is rather insulting, really, to subject art to neo-liberal globalization. Art must never be subject to capitalism. Or lest art will never be art, or what is to replace art will always be ugly. And artists, therefore, should not be subject to wage labor(?) Or rather consider wage, no longer wage, as incentive(?) It is the fullness of art when "labor has become not only a means of life but of life's prime want", as Marx simply puts it.

*Yeeeessss, I am starting to become quite Marxist. And it's a pity I am still a fledgling to this school of thought, and thus have no ability to write this more objectively.

No comments: